Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What Inspires You Wednesday: How Do You Get To Carnegie Hall?


Practice, Practice, Practice

There is always room for improvement. At least, in my world. I'm always looking to get better at things, including photography.  There is so much to learn.  There are also so many kinds of photography from portraits, nature, landscape, food, product, travel, interiors.....the list goes on and on.

I came across a great blog post over on design*sponge- Photo101: 5 Tips For Shooting Interiors- and it inspired me to give at least one of the tips a try.

Shoot Straight

According to contributor Maxwell Tielman, with regard to photographing interiors 'when it doubt, it is always best to shoot straight on'.  Use a room's wall as a guide to establish a grid for your perspective.


photo101_grid

Here's my attempt at putting this rule into action.

Welcome to our lounge.







Like Maxwell, I'm not a big fan of rules per se. However, it's nice to learn some go-to techniques that you can fall back on should all else fails.  

I think I'd have to compare some photos taken at angles to explore the difference. I can see how shooting straight keeps things looking cleaner and more intentional, even in the most cluttered interiors.


Have you been inspired to improve on anything lately? 

Ciao for now,




1 comment:

  1. That's an interesting idea, I'll have to remember to use it!

    ReplyDelete

You comments make my day. Thanks for taking the time to visit Mercantile Muse and for commenting. I really appreciate it. ~Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...